Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I have a crush...

Ok, I admit it. I have a cake crush! I have been following this blog http://www.mysweetandsaucy.com/ for a while now. And I must say I have developed what Viv calls a "cake crush" on them. Recently they blogged about a graduation cake they made based on the old Coppertone ad that featured a little girl who's bottom was being pulled by her dog. I have memories of that ad on a huge billboard here in Miami from when I was a little girl. That cake brought back memories of many fun filled family trips to the beach. I fell in love with it right way. A few weeks later, my co worker asked me to make a cake for her daughter's 21st birthday. Her daughter's only instruction was it had to be a 'Cakes with Attitude' cake! So, I had no theme and no hint as to what to make her other than she wanted it to have stars. I was stumped! What I knew about Charee from her facebook posts was that she loved the beach and her dog, Stella. Her mom told me how she was always making jokes about being born a summer baby. It's hard to have a party when schools out and your friends are off on vacation! I immediately thought about the Coppertone cake. It was the perfect summer baby cake.

Viv made the incredible sugar topper. We changed the dog from the original ad to match Stella and added starfish so she would have her stars. Charee got the joke and loved it. I posted on Sweet Saucy's facebook to thank them for their inspiration and I was beyond stoked when they replied that our cake "turned out great"!!!
<3 Guelcys

No comments:

Post a Comment